GEL MANICURE AFTERCARE
-Apply cuticle oil to your nail beds every day.
-Do not file your nails unless absolutely necessary.
If you need to, take care to file gently and always finish in a downward direction.
-Always wear gloves when doing general household cleaning and gardening,
hobbies that are rough on your hands or use harsh chemical products.
-Avoid using your nails as tools to pull open or pick at anything.
-Take care not to use any products that could contain solvent oils, which causes major damage to the color. These oils can be found in certain sun tan oils and insect repellent (Deet).
-To avoid the color fading on vacation, make sure you wash any chlorine off your
hands after swimming and dry your nails before sunbathing.
-If any lifting occurs make sure you don’t pick or pull at the nail.
Call us so that we can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary.
-To hide grown out gels add a dab of glitter to the base of each nail and blend up.
This not only looks pretty but means you can put off getting another mani for another few days.
-Before your next treatment be sure to book in a gel removal to ensure no damage occurs on the natural nail.
GEL POLISH REMOVAL
- Buff the gel top coat.
- Soak one hand at a time in gel remover or pure 100% acetone in a glass bowl with towel underneath.
- After 10-15 minutes the Gel will lift from the natural nail.
- Any residue may be removed by gently pushing off old gel with an orange wood stick or cuticle pusher.
- Lightly buff nails, wash your hands and apply cuticle oil.
- This can also be carried out by Lacquer Gallery for $5 prior to subsequent gel polish application, or $10 without new manicure.
- Remember to treat your nails like jewels not tools, to ensure a long lasting Gel manicure.