EYELASH EXTENSION PREPARATION
- Come to your appointment with a clean face and this will ensure more time for adding lashes and less time removing eye makeup. Be sure all mascara is removed. It is also helpful to avoid applying moisturizers and sunblock near the eye area prior to your appointment as the oils can prevent the eye pads used in the procedure from adhering to your skin. If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment.
- Shower prior to your appointment. Eliminating any unnecessary contact with water or steam within the first 24 hours of having lash extensions will insure that the bond between the semi permanent lashes and your natural lashes can properly set.
- Remove Contacts to avoid any discomfort.
- Avoid caffeine and stimulants to ensure you're at peace and restful during application.
- Do not pre-curl your lashes.
- Bring headphones. Listening to music or something soothing to sleep during appointment speeds up the process and insures that you stay still and relaxed.
- Do not wash eyes or shower and avoid crying, sweat, and steam for 24 hours after lash application.
- Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes. Avoid sleeping on them, and if possible, silk pillowcases are preferred.
- Wash lashes regularly with a lash friendly cleanser.
(Baby shampoo works great!)
- Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes.
- Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
- Gently brush the tips of your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Touch-up appointments are necessary every 1-3 weeks to fill in the areas where the natural lashes have fallen out and new lashes are growing in.