-You may notice that immediately following your brow tint they may appear strikingly dark - this is normal! This is because your skin is also tinted during the application process.
-Please keep in mind this will fade after 1-3 days after you have had time to wash your face + natural oils have worked out some of the tint from the skin behind your brows.
-If you are concerned about your brows appearing intensely dark and want to speed up the fading process - you may want to wash with an oil based cleanser, dish soap or lemon juice.
-Our brow tint is anticipated to last anywhere from 1-3 weeks depending on your lifestyle. If you lead a very active lifestyle, get your brows wet with water often, use oil based cleansers, apply sunscreen, makeup remover or acne medication to your brow area daily you may see a shorter retention time.
BROW LIFT PREPARATION
- Do not apply Retin A, AHA.
-Do not exfoliate the brow area 72 hours before the service.
-Arrive to your appointment completely free of eye makeup.
BROW LIFT AFTERCARE
-Do not wet your eyebrows for 24-48 hours.
-Avoid touching the brow area at the risk of transferring oils.
-Do not apply makeup to the brows for 24 hours.
-Do not apply Retin A, AHA.
-Do not exfoliate the brow area 72 hours after.
-No self tanner products should be used on the face for 48 hours.
-Comb the hairs into place each day.
CHEMICAL PEEL PREPARATION
-DO NOT book a chemical peel if you have sensitive skin - or have Rosacea, Eczema or any other skin disorder - please consult with your doctor and receive written permission to undergo a chemical peel.
-DO NOT book a chemical peel if you have had facial waxing within 48 hours.
-DO NOT book a chemical peel if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
-DO NOT use any topical medication that may leave your skin vulnerable to a peel - such as Retinol, Renova, Retin-A, Accutane, AHA’s or BHA’s.
-DO use a 50 SPF sunscreen regularly prior to your appointment to avoid sun damage that may leave your skin vulnerable during a chemical peel service.
-DO maintain your normal skincare routine prior to your appointment - especially the use of gentle exfoliant cleansers + toners + hydrating moisturizers.
-DO discontinue the use of any glycolic cleansers 24 hours prior to your treatment.
-Our personal recommended cleanser is BioElements’ Quick Refiner to gently exfoliate the skin prior to your treatment, acclimate skin and to remove dead, dulling skin cells for a more even penetration of professional-strength peels. (Stop 24 hours prior to your treatment.)
-Our personal recommended moisturizer is BioElements’ Calmitude Hydrating Solution to instantly hydrate and prevent skin from dryness + lowered moisture levels.
-During a chemical peel you should never feel burning or pain - if you do please tell your service provider IMMEDIATELY. (Your skin may feel cool and or warm during your treatment - this is normal.)
CHEMICAL PEEL AFTERCARE
-BioElements’ chemical peels are non-surgical, non-ablative, acid-hybrid peels that work invisibly on a microscopic level on the uppermost layers of the epidermis.
-Your skin may feel tight afterwards - especially on the cheek and forehead area - if you have naturally dry skin.
-No downtime! You can immediately apply cosmetics, skin care + sunscreen.
-DO practice the use of a 50 SPF sunscreen as part of your skincare routine after your chemical peel appointment to avoid an over-exposure of fresh skin to the sun.
-DO wait 48 hours after each treatment to rest skin before resuming any heavily glycolic cleansers.
-DO use BioElements’ Sensitive Skin Cleanser - recommended to help cleanse + rebalance without over stimulating or stripping skin. Reduces redness and soothes skin post peel.
-DO use BioElements’ Calmitude Hydrating Solution - recommended to instantly rehydrate, protect newly exposed skin from dryness + keep delicate skin saturated to amplify moisture levels between treatments.
-DO use BioElements’ Gel Therapy - recommended to infuse skin with an extra dose of skin-strengthening + balancing minerals. Essential for post-peel care to maximize hydration + strength.
-If you experience any adverse effects - such as scabbing, or intense peeling - avoid using makeup or skin care products that may be abrasive to the skin. Apply neosporin or aquaphor to the affected areas, and contact your esthetician with any questions regarding aftercare.
-Please arrive to your appointment makeup free.
-Avoid direct sun exposure 5-7 days prior to scheduled appointment.
-Dermaplaning will not be completed if your skin is sunburned or if you have any open or broken skin.
-Discontinue any manual or physical exfoliation 3-5 days prior to your appointment to avoid over exfoliation of the skin.
-Discontinue use of Retinol-A or any similar products 7-14 days prior to appointment.
-Accutane must be discontinued 6 months prior to scheduled appointment.
-Do not schedule botox prior to appointment.
-Avoid direct sun exposure for 48-72 hours post appointment.
-Wear sunscreen daily.
-Avoid use of exfoliation agents (AHA's + BHA's) for up to 7 days post appointment - this will reduce the risk of damaging your skin & causing it to be dry & flaky from over-exfoliation. Use a gentle cleanser to remove makeup and cleanse skin.
-If you experience flaking - do not peel the skin. Instead, let it heal naturally & continue your daily cleansing, toning & moisturizing routine.
EYELASH EXTENSION PREPARATION
- Come to your appointment with a clean face and this will ensure more time for adding lashes and less time removing eye makeup. Be sure all mascara is removed. It is also helpful to avoid applying moisturizers and sunblock near the eye area prior to your appointment as the oils can prevent the eye pads used in the procedure from adhering to your skin. If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment.
- Shower prior to your appointment. Eliminating any unnecessary contact with water or steam within the first 24 hours of having lash extensions will insure that the bond between the semi permanent lashes and your natural lashes can properly set.
- Remove Contacts to avoid any discomfort.
- Avoid caffeine and stimulants to ensure you're at peace and restful during application.
- Do not pre-curl your lashes.
- Bring headphones. Listening to music or something soothing to sleep during appointment speeds up the process and insures that you stay still and relaxed.
EYELASH EXTENSION AFTERCARE
- Do not wash eyes or shower and avoid crying, sweat, and steam for 24 hours after lash application.
- Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes. Avoid sleeping on them, and if possible, silk pillowcases are preferred.
- Wash lashes regularly with a lash friendly cleanser.
(Baby shampoo works great!)
- Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes.
- Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
- Gently brush the tips of your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Touch-up appointments are necessary every 1-3 weeks to fill in the areas where the natural lashes have fallen out and new lashes are growing in.
LASH LIFT PREPARATION
-Avoid consuming caffeine prior to procedure to reduce eyelid fluttering.
-Avoid using waterproof mascara for 2 days prior to your appointment - regular mascara is fine to use.
-Arrive to your appointment completely free of eye makeup.
LASH LIFT AFTERCARE
-For best results leave your lashes untouched for 24 hours post procedure. This includes applying any mascara, curling your lashes, or exposing them to any type of water.
-Avoid sleeping directly on your lashes for 24 hours post procedure.
-Avoid pulling at your lashes - this can cause breakage & shedding.
-For best results, steer clear of waterproof mascara for the life span of your lash lift - regular mascara is fine to use.
-To remove any eye makeup post 24 hours of your procedure - please use a mild makeup remover + avoid vigorously rubbing your eyes.
SPRAY TAN PREPARATION
- Exfoliate skin at least 8 hours before your sunless session to smooth skin for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, and hands.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your sunless tanning session. We always suggest shaving with soap and water only, (no shaving cream) as shaving creams contain lanolin that acts as a barrier between the tanning solution and the skin.
- Any waxing should be done 1-2 days prior to your sunless tanning.
- If skin is dry, apply a light water-based lotion lightly and evenly to skin at least 2 hours prior to your sunless tan. Do not apply oils at any time prior to or after your sunless tan.
- Remove make-up prior to your sunless tanning application for best results.
- After your sunless tan wear dark loose fitting clothing. Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk during or after your sunless application and for at least 8 hours as DHA may react with these fabrics and cause staining.
SPRAY TAN AFTERCARE
- Wait at least 8-12 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
Don’t worry if you see color wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what's left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, as this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Moisturize daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results, use a water-based moisturizer. Oil based moisturizers can cause blotchy areas, so we advise against those.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing, remember to wear sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen and although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.
- Spray tans can last 4-10 days if cared for correctly. To maintain your tan, make sure that you moisturize and use the correct products. Using the wrong products can cause your tan to fade quicker than normal.
The following is a list of body care products that could potentially
have a fading or blotchy effect on your spray tan.
This is only a guide and not every client will have an issue with these items or products.
- AHA products
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin
- Anti-aging products that exfoliate skin
- Bar soaps
- BHA products
- Retin-A products
- Body Hair Bleach Products
- Toners containing Alcohols or Witch Hazel can lighten tan
- Facial masks & exfoliating scrubs
- Body spray, perfumes, and bug spray
- Hair inhibiting lotions can cause your tan to yellow
- Makeup remover cleaning products or oils
- Long baths, submersion in hot tub/swimming pool
- Using a loofah, mitt, scrub etc. for daily washing
- Depilatory hair removal products
TOOTH GEM PREPARATION
-Avoid high citrus foods/drinks 12 hours prior to your appointment.
-Eat + drink before hand since there is a wait for after application.
-Make sure to properly brush your teeth before arriving for your appointment.
-All other preparation will be done by your tooth gem artist.
TOOTH GEM AFTERCARE
-Do not touch or play with your tooth gem with your fingers or tongue.
-Do not eat or drink for one hour following application.
-Avoid brushing your teeth for 12 hours following application.
-Avoid chewing hard food for 12 hours following application.
-Avoid consuming highly acidic drinks 12 hours following application.
-Not available for application on veneers.